The Master of Urban Planning (M.U.P.) degree at the University of Michigan offers professional education in the planning field. Graduates may eventually apply their professional skills in various government agencies, private enterprises, or nonprofit organizations within a variety of subject areas.
Graduate education at Michigan emphasizes the development of students' abilities to analyze, evaluate, integrate, and apply critical thinking in interdisciplinary planning processes. The course of study normally requires two years (four terms/full-time) for completion.
The Master of Urban Planning (M.U.P.) degree, which is formally accredited through the American Planning Association and the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, takes a broad view of the scope of urban and regional planning. The core courses, about one-third of the credits, provide background for all areas of planning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Land Use and Environmental Planning
- Housing, Community, and Economic Development
- Global and Comparative Planning
- Physical Planning and Design
- Transportation Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 128 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Upon the recommendation of the graduate programs, the Graduate School grants admission to applicants who meet its requirements. Admitted students are required to provide the Graduate School with an official transcript (i.e., one bearing the official seal of the school and the Registrar’s signature) indicating satisfactory completion of all coursework, title of the bachelor’s degree or equivalent, date of conferral, and any additional documents as required
- An applicant may be conditionally admitted before providing an official transcript. A graduate program also may conditionally admit a student under certain prescribed conditions, such as the maintenance of a minimum grade average in specified courses
International49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 24 months.
National49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24772 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.