We prepare graduates with the advanced knowledge, expanded skills, and intellectual maturity necessary to become progressive, innovative, and interprofessional practitioners and leaders in the dynamic health care environment.
The Clinical Nutrition program of Rutgers University is a hybrid program. Courses are completed online, and supplemented with virtual face-to-face meetings. Students are required to come to campus three times during their course of study.
- Advances knowledge and expands skills necessary to execute the role of innovative and progressive dietetics practitioners
- Provides an outcomes-oriented, student-centered approach to graduate education
- Promotes collaboration and interdisciplinary education through advanced level courses
- Promotes the design, conduct, and analysis of clinical nutrition/dietetics research
- Advocates professional leadership and service
- Weight Management and Disordered Eating
- Clinical Nutrition Research Advisement
- Clinical Nutrition Management
- Nutrition Epidemiology
- Subspecialty Clinical Nutrition Practice Project
- Advanced Clinical Nutrition
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 376 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
Prospective students must be Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs)
International applicants must hold an equivalent credential that meets US standards set by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
International students must submit additional materials including: TOEFL, official copy of a transcript evaluation prepared by a recognized transcript agency such as World Education Services
A minimum GPA of 3.2 is required for admission. Applicants with a lower GPA may be considered on an individual basis
At least six months of clinical experience as an RDNApplication materials include
- SHP application
- An official copy of the transcript from the highest nutrition degree earned
- Copy of RDN card
- Resume or CV
- A letter of intent describing short and long-term goals for completing the MSCN program
- One letter of recommendation from an individual with a graduate degree who is familiar with your professional work
International37479 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 12 months.
National37479 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State24986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 806 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.