Here are just a few reasons to pursue an MA degree at UT Austin:
- You will be able to complete the MA Economics degree in 10 months (July through May).
- An undergraduate degree in Economics is not required. A strong quantitative background, along with some exposure to economics courses, is expected.
- You will have the opportunity to study and interact with the Department’s world-class faculty.
- There is no better city than Austin to live while pursuing graduate studies.
- Qualifying for jobs in the private or government sector that require greater expertise in economic, analytical, and statistical tools than provided by an undergraduate degree;
- Obtaining the background in economics and mathematics required to gain admission to a high-quality economics PhD program;
- Studying economics as a complementary field to another area of expertise (law, political science, public health, statistics, energy, etc.).
More informationVisit official programme website
For more information, please visit program website.
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 369 other Masters in Economics in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International17312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8656 USD per semester and a duration of 10 months.
National17312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8656 USD per semester and a duration of 10 months.
In-State8684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4342 USD per semester and a duration of 10 months.
Graduate students at The University of Texas at Austin generally support themselves in one of the following ways: departmental aid in the form of scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships; fellowships administered by the Office of Graduate Studies; need-based financial aid administered by the Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS), and outside funding or employment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.