The Communication Sciences and Disorders program at Pennsylvania State University also serves to provide students in other curricula at Penn State with orientation toward and information about communication sciences and disorders.
Facilities for student training and research include in-house clinical therapy and diagnostic services, laboratories in speech science and audiology, and affiliated schools and clinics. The program enjoys academic, research, and clinical relationships with a number of related programs at Penn State and draws upon academic work from related areas as part of the graduate training in communication sciences and disorders. Preparation is given for school and professional certifications and licensure.
The CSD academic program is accredited by the Council of Academic Affairs of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Master's-level graduate study requires a full-time externship experience, ordinarily occurring during the final semester of study.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Physiologic and Acoustic Issues in Speech Science
- Phonological Disabilities
- The Voice and Its Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 557 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Students must submit scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- All international applicants must take and submit scores for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS
International37694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37694 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National37694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37694 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State21960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21960 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.