Ideal candidates include, but are not limited to, graduate students in other disciplines (such as political science, economics, international relations, engineering, philosophy, business or medicine) or professionals from different fields (such as journalism, business, science or technology), who will benefit from studying law, but who do not wish to become attorneys.
Candidates of the Legal Studies program at University of San Diego work closely with the Director to design an individual, flexible program that is to their greatest interest and benefit and may select available courses from a variety of subject areas within the law school curriculum and are taught by our distinguished full-time and adjunct faculty.
Career and Professional Development
The Office of Career and Professional Development works closely with students and alumni to offer career guidance and support for in-school and post-graduate employment. The office also works closely with all types of employers to meet their ever-changing hiring needs.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Business & Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- Environmental and Energy Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
Full-time (9 or more credits) and part-time (8 or fewer credits) options are available (pending visa restrictions)
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 137 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the MS in Legal Studies program is competitive. Admitted candidates have excellent academic credentials and/or significant professional experience. Admissions criteria include the following:
- Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States or its equivalent from a foreign institution
- Applicants must establish by their academic record that they possess the qualities which indicate the ability to successfully complete graduate law school work
- Most successful candidates also possess a graduate degree or a minimum of 3 years professional experience
International1960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.