Some call Washington D.C. the capital of statistics. Our location in the D.C. suburbs is home to world-class statistical research in the federal government and industry, makes us the envy of the Nation. Evening courses allow you to take classes to fit your schedule. We accommodate both students committed to full- and part-time study who seek a graduate degree.
In this Biostatistics program from George Mason University you may:
- Clarify causalities, risks, and outcomes of a deadly disease with statistical unique visualization models
- Use big data and data analytics to interpret massive health data sets
- Identify sources of risk and statistical methods that measure and mitigate risk in humans
Merging statistics with biology, students have many opportunities they can pursue after graduation in health-related fields, including medicine, epidemiology, and public health. Biostatistics is an indispensable tool in improving health and protecting populations against disease here and around the world. In this
The department has an advisory board of leaders in the federal government and industry. These strong connections provide top-tier internships and networking opportunities that can help you take your career to the next level.
According to Fortune Magazine the master’s in biostatistics is the second best graduate degree for jobs. In 2015 the median salary was more than $110K with a projected growth of 21 percent in jobs. Individuals with a master’s in biostatistics can expect to find work in healthcare, biotech, and life sciences, using computer models to predict health outcomes from diseases.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Probability
- Applied Statistics
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Bioengineering Research Methods
- Bioinformatics Methods
- Biostatistical Methods
- Medical Imaging
- Case Studies in Data Analysis
- Master’s Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Statistics View 326 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State624 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 624 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.