The master's degree is increasingly expected for high level practice in civil engineering, and prepares graduates to practice in civil engineering for: federal, state, or local government; engineering design firms; construction firms; public utilities; non-governmental organizations; and local and regional planning firms, among others.
- The MS degree serves as a foundation for subsequent study in a doctoral program in civil engineering, as well as for graduate studies in architecture, law, business, economics, finance, and public policy and administration.
- Both part-time and full-time study is available. Full-time students typically complete the degree in one and a half, to two years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Infrastructure Modeling
- Risk and Uncertainty in Civil Engineering
- Construction Administration
- Building Information Modeling
- Design for Constructability
- Master's Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 423 other Masters in Architecture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To be considered for admission to the program, a candidate must:
- Satisfy general University and Volgenau School requirements for admission to a graduate program,
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree in engineering or a related science,
- Provide two letters of reference, submitted by former professors or supervisors,
- Provide a goals statement and professional résumé.
Acceptance to the degree program is based on an assessment of the applicant's capacity to pursue graduate studies successfully. Consideration is given to the undergraduate record, any previous graduate work, professional work experience, and reference letters.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 663 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.