Data is produced in almost every sector and can come from a variety of sources such as social media, telecommunications, e-health networks, sensors, satellites, military surveillance, and scientific research. Integrating technical expertise, content knowledge, and well-developed communication skills, Data Scientists occupy a unique niche and possess a skill set that is in very high demand.
In this interdisciplinary degree, students will develop skills related to data mining, predictive analytics, cloud computing, data-science fundamentals, communication, and business acumen. In addition to core courses, students will work with their advisors to select a set of domain-specific courses; in practice, combining technical skills with content knowledge allows students to tailor their degree to particular fields. This unique characteristic of the curriculum enables graduates to gain practical domain knowledge in preparation for immediate employment.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Data Science
- Predictive Modeling
- Data Mining
- Information Systems Management and Data Analytics
- Introduction to Linear Algebra
- Engineering Statistics
- Statistical Programming and Analysis
- IS/IT Management
- Introduction to Business Programming
- Business Database Management
- MKT 3600 - Marketing Research
- Data Structures
- Application Programming Introduction
- DB Management
- Web Application Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Admissions Decisions made on a rolling basis
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 194 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
To be considered for admission to the Graduate School as a degree- or certificate-seeking student, you need to:
- have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution, and
- be prepared for advanced study in your chosen field, as demonstrated by your previous degree and your scholastic record.
- Required Materials
- Student Statements
- Official Transcripts
- Admissions Tests
- Letters of Recommendation
- Program Required Documents:
- Review all of the documents required by your program(s) of interest prior to beginning the application process. Additional documents/requirements you may need include:
International21717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21717 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21717 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
The majority of financial assistance for graduate students at Michigan Tech comes from assistantships. An assistantship includes a stipend, and a proportional amount of tuition and academic fees for full-time enrollment. Assistantship duties are designed to enhance your graduate education experience and provide professional development opportunities.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.