Students in this program acquire theoretical and practical knowledge about the normal functions of the immune system and disease pathogenesis associated with immunological dysfunction. Students also learn how this knowledge is applied to develop tools for diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, and prevention of immunologically based diseases. Graduates from this program will be ready to enter the biotechnology workforce and are attractive candidates for doctoral programs in science and medicine.
The Immunology program of Drexel University is designed to provide academic and practical biotechnical knowledge in translational research, particularly in the areas of immunotherapeutics and vaccine development.
Traditional (Face-to-Face), Hybrid, or Online Learning Options
Classes can be attended at any of Drexel College of Medicine locations: Center City and Queen Lane campuses in Philadelphia. State-of-the-art video conferencing provides real-time interactive learning at these locations. Most classes are held in the late afternoon/early evening to facilitate participation of working professionals. The program may also be completed fully online—offered through Drexel University Online. All required courses and most electives have online sections and online students experience the same curriculum as face-to-face or hybrid students. Online sections are designed to maximize interactions among students and faculty and may include live web sessions. Individual students also may choose a mix of traditional and online (hybrid) courses. The goal is to provide maximum scheduling flexibility.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Biomedical Ethics
- Applied Statistics for Biomedical Sciences
- Immunology, Immunopathology and Infectious Diseases
- Molecular Medicine Journal Club
- Microbiology and Immunology Seminar
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 714 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- A four-year biology or chemistry-based bachelor's degree with coursework in biology, microbiology, immunology, chemistry, biochemistry, mathematics, and/or other related subjects
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Lower GPA's will be considered if other strengths are apparent in your application
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Three letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal statement (approximately 500 words)
International39216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1634 USD per credit during 18 months.
National39216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1634 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.