Through research, education and policy, epidemiologists uncover trends that help minimize the risk and reduce incidences of negative public health issues. The skills required to do this cross many disciplines from communication to the sciences.
This Epidemiology program at Benedictine University teaches students how to apply biostatistical research methods in order to uncover the patterns, causes and effects of disease and design effective solutions to help solve public health issues.
Through this program students will learn to:
- Use biostatistic methods to address, analyze and solve problems in public health.
- Acquire skills in statistical and epidemiological software applications including Excel, SPSS, SurveyMonkey, and EpiInfo.
- Study patterns of illness and injury in populations to prevent and control health problems.
- Apply fundamental research principles and methods to improve population health.
- Develop a survey instrument, collect and analyze data, and develop and communicate findings clearly to both professional and lay audiences.
- The demand for trained epidemiologists is on the rise. Employment in this field is expected to increase 10 percent from 2012 to 2022.
Epidemiologists work for:
- State and local health departments
- Federal government agencies
- Private health care and pharmaceutical companies
- International and nongovernmental agencies
- Consulting firms
- Medical centers
- By earning your Epidemiology Certificate online at Benedictine, you will receive all the benefits that Benedictine offers with its rich history spanning more than 127 years of academic excellence
- Join an established program that is the second largest of its kind in Illinois
- Complete your coursework according to your own schedule with our online, interactive format
- Earn the same respected credential as students in the traditional, on-campus program
- Get help from your personal full-time advisor when you need it
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods of Research in Public Health
- Applied Epidemiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health View 366 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All documents submitted become property of Benedictine University and may not be returned.
- Students transferring an I-20 should read the I-20 Transfer Policy in the Benedictine University Academic Catalog. Please note important requirements regarding course enrollment dates, full-time enrollment and vacation term eligibility.
- Students who are not able to obtain official academic documents due to extenuating circumstances such as conflict or natural disaster may be eligible for an Official Transcript Waiver. Please see the Benedictine University Academic Catalog for more information.
- International students studying on an F visa and are not enrolling in language training must demonstrate English Proficiency per the requirements of SEVP.
International10720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 12 months.
National10720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.