The EE department has an electronics design program that is state-of-the-art, with emphasis on very large scale integrated circuits design (VLSI) on a microscopic scale and with a new emphasis of VLSI design on a nanometer-scale as well. A series of VLSI courses (i) design (Analog and Digital VLSI, radio frequency VLSI, low power VLSI), (ii) fabrication (microelectronic fabrication and nanotechnology), and (iii) testing (VLSI testing) are available.
This master degree in Electrical Engineering is offered at the University of Bridgeport. A closely related field is mirco- and nano-technology MEMS (microelectromechanical systems). Micro-MEMS designs systems of electronics and motion the size of microns. The smaller nano-MEMS builds systems the size of individual molecules. Nano-MEMS is used to create the next generation of VLSI components, including single-electron-transistors, nano-wires, and quantum computers.
Our department has a strong concentration in signal analysis, including the analysis of human speech vs. noise and the transmission of signals via satellite or cable or cell tower.
The EE department has a large PLC lab. Programmable Logic Control consists of 2 parts. You build an assembly line to move products and to do things to these products; for example, a robot arm will sort products or load them on to a platform. To control this assembly line, you need to implement the necessary computer code.
- Demonstrate the ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and conduct laboratory experiments and interpret and report results
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and apply concepts of engineering economics and project planning
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary global and societal issues and their relationship and exercise strong oral and written communication skills including those needed for technical writing
- Digital VLSI
- Analog VLSI
- MEMS (microelectromechanical systems)
- Fiber Optics
- Radio Frequency Communications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 176 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related STEM field from an accredited university or recognized international institution
- Recommended cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.90 or higher
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
International15300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 510 USD per credit during 12 months.
National15300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 510 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.