Based on Utrecht University ’s research expertise, the Economic Policy programme at Utrecht University gives you 360-degree picture of the importance of economic policy-making for business, government, and society.
In the Master in Economic Policy you focus on
- the role of government policies in complex societal issues such as care and insurance, sustainable economic growth, and energy transition;
- applying modern economics to societal questions such as international policy competition, inequality, and the future of work.
Whether you wish to work in the private sector or in the public domain, you will find that there is always a need for well-trained graduates with the skills – and the interest – to look beyond the boundaries of economics.
Thanks to its multidisciplinary, wide-ranging content, as well as its unique emphasis on the interplay between economics and social change, the MSc in Economic Policy offers the ideal preparation for a career in a wide range of companies and institutions.
Positions obtained by our graduates include policy functions in various corporations (usually on an academic level). But graduates also find their way to various research organisations linked to government.
In previous years, graduates from this programme have found positions with:
- government agencies;
- pension funds;
- insurance companies;
- economic consultancy firms;
- research institutes.
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Empirical Economics
- Sustainable Growth And Inequality
- Public Economics And Policy
- Labour Market Policies and the Future of Work
- Policy Competition in an International World
- EP Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Public Administration Public Policy View 15 other Masters in Public Administration in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BSc of a research University in Economics or Economics and Business Economics, with substantial quantitative background, preferably with some degree of specialisation in Labour Economics.The Admissions Office assesses all international credentials according to the credential evaluation criteria of the Nuffic (the Netherlands Organisation for international cooperation in Higher Education), and advises the Admissions Committee on this subject.; and
A good command of English. Check the specific English proficiency requirements below.
Students with other university Bachelor’s degrees must have knowledge in the following fields:
- Economics of the Public Sector or Labour Economics
- Econometrics or Advanced Statistics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.