Both specializations are supported by distance-delivered courses to the extent that a student may complete a degree without ever being on campus, courses may also be taken locally. This master degree in Applied Science is offered at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Since this is a college-wide degree program, there is wide latitude in the selection of areas of study. An individual curriculum is designed for each student with the goal of best fitting the student's educational objective(s). The student, advisor, and supervisory committee jointly establish this curriculum.
Students can also choose from two specializations: Science for Educators to acquire new and enhance science content knowledge or Community Development which equips students with the tools and educational experiences to contribute to positive changes in communities and regions. A unique feature of the master's program is the degree project. The degree project replaces the traditional master's thesis and is specifically intended to be of immediate value in the student's workplace for career advancement.
More informationVisit official programme website
- You will work with faculty members from several departments who have varying research interests and experiences.
- These research interests include, but are not limited to, biotechnology, natural resource management, entomology, animal and crop production systems, food quality measurements, curriculum development and science pedagogy, multimedia and instructional systems, and environmental and agricultural ethics.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 858 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts and/or mark sheets showing the grades earned in each course
- A diploma or certificate of graduation. (Not required if the transcript includes the name of the degree and the date it was conferred.)
- The Diploma Supplement, if the degree is Bologna-compliant
International960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State332 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 332 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.