The Global Health Studies (Online Learning) programme from The University of Edinburgh is invoiced at course level, allowing you to pick and choose your curriculum content, and manage your learning within flexible 5 or 11 week teaching blocks, which are offered at fixed time periods across the academic calendar.
The programme is structured to equip students with a comprehensive knowledge base in various aspects of global health.
The emphasis is on the interdisciplinary nature of the subject and this is reflected by the wide range of courses it is possible to study within the programme; given the range of courses not all will be available in any given year, you are encouraged to discuss your area of interest with the Programme Director during the application process.
Possible subjects include:
- Animal health
- Ecology and conservation
- Global citizenship
- Global health and our modern disease landscape
- Water and sanitation
We value interdisciplinary debate on our courses and effective, professional communication skills form an important part of the outcomes of the programme.
Graduates can use their qualification to enhance their career prospects in international and national organisations that manage global health issues.
As a world-leading centre of academic excellence we aim to:
- Enhance our position as one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities and to measure our performance against the highest international standards
- Provide the highest quality learning and teaching environment for the greater wellbeing of our students
- Produce graduates fully equipped to achieve the highest personal and professional standards
- Make a significant, sustainable and socially responsible contribution to Scotland, the UK and the world, promoting health and economic and cultural wellbeing.
As a great civic university, Edinburgh especially values its intellectual and economic relationship with the Scottish community that forms its base and provides the foundation from which it will continue to look to the widest international horizons, enriching both itself and Scotland.
- This is a postgraduate certificate for students from a diverse professional background but with a common interest in global health.
- The programme is modular, offering a flexible student-centred approach to the choice of courses studied; students may choose to study one or more individual courses or complete a sufficient number of course credits to be awarded the certificate.
- It takes between 12 and 36 months to complete the certificate.
- The courses we offer reflect the range of research and teaching interests of our academic staff and promote discussion of significant issues relating to Global Health - whether human, animal or environmental.
- Postgraduate Professional Development (PPD) is aimed at working professionals who want to advance their knowledge through a postgraduate-level course(s), without the time or financial commitment of a full Masters, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- PgCert - 60
- PgProfDev - 50
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 293 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent. A biomedical, medical, public health, veterinary or relevant bioscience topic is particularly suitable for this degree programme.
- We may also consider your application if you have relevant work experience; please contact the programme team to check before you apply.
International1911 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National1911 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
- PG Professional Development: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.