The College of Nursing and Health Professions delivers a carefully crafted curriculum in the Family Nurse Practitioner program of Drexel University which covers both family and individual primary care across the lifespan from, birth to death. As such, it focuses on wellness care, acute and chronic illnesses management, and clinical strategies/interventions in health promotion, health maintenance, disease prevention and contemporary healthcare issues seen in family medicine. And upon graduation, you will become immediately eligible to sit for your Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam through AANP or ANCC.
Where can a Family Nurse Practitioner work?
Earning an MSN FNP and passing the board certification exams officially entitles practitioners to hold the title of Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (CFNP). Completing these steps will open many career opportunities to practitioners in potential workplaces such as:
- Physician’s Offices
- Primary Care Clinics
- Outpatient Clinics
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Hospice Facilities
- Family Practice and Internal Medicine Clinics
- Private Practice
- Correctional Institutions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Confronting Issues in Contemporary Health Care Environments
- Advanced Ethical Decision Making in Health Care
- Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- Research Methods and Biostatistics
- Evaluation and Translation of Health Research
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 259 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above from your BSN
- 1-2 years of medical/surgical nursing experience preferred
- A current, unrestricted United States RN license
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study
International1026 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1026 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1026 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1026 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.