This graduate certificate in Ancient and Classical History at American Public University System program emphasizes the medieval world in light of the changing social, political, and religious environments that led to the Renaissance. The growth of humanism, art, sculpture, architecture, market economies, city-states and monarchies of the Holy Roman Empire, and religious upheavals of Protestantism, Anabaptists, and Catholic Reformation are examined.
- Explain and critique Ancient Greece’s political, economic, social, and intellectual movements.
- Explain and critique Roman history from its beginnings until the Age of Constantine, including the political and social developments in the Republic and the early empire.
- Examine and appraise great Byzantium leaders, the spread of Christianity throughout the Roman Empire, the recapture of Constantinople from the crusaders, and the impact of Byzantium culture on Western intellect.
- Explain and assess European social, political, economic, and religious institutions and cultural and intellectual phenomena in the light of the changing historical environment from the end of the Ancient World to the Renaissance.
- Explain and assess the medieval church and rise of the Renaissance papacy; growth of humanism, including painters, architects, and sculptors; city-states and monarchies of the Holy Roman Empire; religious upheavals of Protestantism; Anabaptists; and the Catholic Reformation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Seminar in World History
- The Greek Civilization
- The Roman Republic and Empire
- Late Antiquity and Byzantium
- Medieval Europe
- Renaissance and Reformation
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 34 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.