Good management is central to business success. Without it, there can be no cohesion, no teamwork, no real sense of direction. The Management programme at The University of Edinburgh is especially beneficial for those with non-business backgrounds, perhaps in engineering, sciences, social sciences or the arts. It can be equally as effective for those yet to begin their career as those looking to make significant progress in one already begun.
Blending classic management techniques with the very latest in management thinking, the MSc in Management encompasses international issues and diverse national business characteristics and settings.
This intensive and demanding programme is purposely designed towards practice orientation, supplementing the knowledge participants have already acquired - either in business or in their undergraduate studies - with a thorough insight into modern management practice.
During the course of their studies students will have gained knowledge and understanding to be able to:
- Demonstrate a general knowledge framework and understanding of key functions in management as applied in practice.
- Obtain through electives in-depth knowledge and understanding in more specific management related areas.
- Identify and appreciate the ethical issues in management decision areas.
- Obtain an understanding of how to undertake qualitative and quantitative research and apply this knowledge in the context of a major independent work (e.g. final dissertation).
- Learning will primarily be through lectures, set reading, class discussions, exercises, group-work assignments, solving problems in tutorials and case studies.
- Assessment methods include examinations, assignments, presentations or continuous assessment.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- There are five application rounds.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management Strategic Management View 292 other Masters in Strategic Management in United Kingdom
Entrance to our MSc programmes is strongly competitive. You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.Academic requirements
You will need a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree from a good university in any subject, or an equivalent overseas qualification.Supporting your application
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National20900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.