The course covers skills in experimental design and analysis, research skills, critical thinking and reading, oral presentation, and scientific writing. The course provides the opportunity to build knowledge in at least one area of contemporary psychology, linked to current research within the School of Psychology. The course also offers opportunities to be part of front-line psychological science using the latest technologies and methods.
Key features of the Psychology programme offered by the University of Birmingham are:
- One to one contact with research active staff
- An opportunity to specialize if you already know what area excites you most, or if you are still developing your focus, design your course to be broader, developing your knowledge in more than one sub-speciality
- Find out what’s really hot or not in contemporary Psychology
- Learn transferable skills that enhance employability
A surprising range of careers are open to students graduating with an MSc in Psychology. Potential positions might involve health or education programme development or evaluation positions or consumer product (or services) research and testing.
Our students are excellent candidates for research-related employment in both private and public sector organisations because this MSc develops key skills that are highly attractive to employers, namely analytical and statistical skills, as well as presentation and report writing skills.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Current Research in Psychology
- Foundations in Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Neuroscientific Methods
- Proposing Research in Psychology
- Practical Research Skills
- Design and Analysis
- Research Reviews
- Public Engagement in Psychological Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPsychology View 731 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- A good Honours degree in Psychology or related discipline.
- Applicants should have obtained a good Honours degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) in Psychology or a related discipline and have gained at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in the research dissertation (i.e., experience of planning and conducting research and analysing data).
International20880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20880 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU/EEA - Part-time tuition fee - £4,625
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.