Theology and religion is a diverse subject area that is vital for understanding the contemporary world.
The Theology and Religion programme offered by the University of Birmingham provides ideal preparation for further research at doctoral level.
The programme has a wide range of modules and you can create your own pathway by choosing those that are most relevant to your interests. We cater for interests in historical traditions, ritual and practices, contemporary spiritualties, world religions, religious texts, politics, histories and ethical issues.
Birmingham's Theology graduates develop a broad range of transferable skills including familiarity with research methods; the ability to manage large quantities of information from diverse sources; the ability to organise information in a logical and coherent manner; the expertise to write clearly and concisely and to tight deadlines; critical and analytical ability; the capacity for argument, debate and speculation; and the ability to base conclusions on statistical research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Religion in Contemporary Global Politics
- Special Study - Autumn
- Inter-Faith Relations and Issues
- Approaches to Islamic Studies (modern and traditional)
- Critical Thinkers of Modernity, Science, Society and Religion
- Gender, Sexualities and Religion
- Atheisms: From Voltaire to Dawkin
- Conceptualising God in Christian Theologies
- Theology and Economics
- Special Study - Spring
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies View 139 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
- We ask for 2:1 undergraduate Honours degree, preferably in a related discipline. All applications are treated on their merits, and we are happy to consider applicants whose qualifications differ, but we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Tutor for advice.
International20160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20160 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.