You will concentrate on the technical aspects of GIS and earth observation, as well as the past, present and future global and regional environmental and climatic change.
By graduation you will have hands-on experience and technical knowledge in GIS and remote sensing, supported by a broad knowledge of scientific issues underpinning climate change.
Your learning benefits from the combined Geography and Biosciences research expertise of our staff around geographic information, environmental and climate dynamics, marine and ecosystem biology, and sustainable development.
The MSc in Geographic Information and Climate Change programme at Swansea University improves your prospects for a rewarding career.You will have employment opportunities in utilities, county councils, the environmental service industry or regulating bodies. A future career in academia will also be open to you.Our graduates have progressed to a range of stimulating roles. Below are just a few examples.
- Environmental Monitoring Officer (Natural Resources Wales)
- Geographical Data Processor (Western Power Distribution)
- Graduate Statutory Orders Specialist (Jacobs)
- Catchment Scientist (Welsh Water)
- Ecologist (Natural England)
- Multi-site Supervisor (Phase Eight)
- Data Analyst (PHS Group)
- Account Manager Support (Handelsbanken)
- Modelling Earth Systems
- Satellite Remote Sensing
- Climate Change - Past, Present and Future
- Geographical Information Systems
- Environmental Assessment and Management
- Science Skills and Research Methods
- Ecosystems: Ecology, Conservation & Resource Management
- Principles of Environmental Dynamics
- Climate Science and Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesGeography Climate Studies & Meteorology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 94 other Masters in Geography in United Kingdom
Normally a 2:2 degree (with 55% average) in an approved subject. Applicants are expected to have good mathematical and computing skills.
- IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component) or equivalent.
International Applies to you17950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA Applies to you8300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time 2 years
- UK-EU £ 4,150
- International £ 9,000
Part time 3 years
- UK-EU £ 2,750
- International £ 6,000
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.