About the program
University of Kansas' Environmental Assessment graduate programs are designed for students interested in a wide range of environmental issues. Courses are offered online and at the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park. The environmental assessment graduate programs combine physical and natural science, resilience, and sustainability principles with project management and communications training to develop science professionals with the skills to accurately collect, synthesize, and clearly communicate data, develop and implement solutions, and successfully lead teams.
An environmental scientist's duties might include:
- Assessing potential impacts to the environment by impending development projects, programs and policies
- Providing information and guidance to government officials, businesses or the public about possible environmental hazards, risks and opportunities
- Working with governments at the local, state or national level on environmental projects and public policy
- Working with businesses to assess, track, report and enhance environmental performance and sustainability
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Regulation & Policy
- Water Quality, Land Use & Watershed Ecosystems
- Soil Science for Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Air Quality Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 702 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; The student must have an undergraduate major in the natural, physical, or applied sciences, engineering, or related fields, OR coursework of at least 20 semester hours in the natural and applied sciences (biology, chemistry, geology, physical geography, physics, and/or engineering). For those without the necessary background courses in undergraduate science and mathematics, some additional coursework will need to be completed prior to the start of the graduate student program.
- GRE not required.
- Statement of interest: This 1-2 page narrative should succinctly summarize your education, employment history, your long-term career goals, and how this degree program will help you achieve these goals.
- At least two letters of recommendation from persons qualified to offer judgment on your ability to undertake graduate-level work;
- International students must also meet the English proficiency, visa/I20, and financial support documentation. Admissions will not result in an F-1 Visa, as the program does not qualify for the F-1 Visa status.
International17655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.