University of Oklahoma Law is at the forefront in its offering of legal classes relevant to the healthcare industry. Coursework focuses on the federal and state regulation of healthcare delivery, population health, patient privacy and health information confidentiality, public and private insurance, managed care, coding and billing, healthcare fraud and abuse, healthcare transactions, healthcare antitrust, employee health benefits, and healthcare liability.
Students who complete the LL.M. in Healthcare Law will have the information and skills necessary to represent plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of civil, criminal, regulatory, operational, transactional, financial, and organizational health law matters. Students will be prepared to work in range of legal, industry, and government settings. These settings include large and boutique law firms, health care delivery organizations, pharmaceutical companies, public and private payors, public health authorities, and federal and state enforcement agencies.
The Online LL.M. in Healthcare Law program focuses on the legal, regulatory, political, ethical, and economic aspects of health care delivery. The LLM offers a comprehensive study health law topics, including the structure of health care institutions, health information management, fraud and abuse, transactions, contracts, and billing, sources of liability, HIPAA and privacy, and compliance. The objectives of the Online LL.M. in Healthcare Law program include the following:
- Analyze major federal and state statutes, regulations, government advisory opinions, judicial opinions, and initiatives in the area of health law and policy.
- Understand the past and present regulation of health care access, cost, quality, liability, organization, and finance.
- Understand the behaviors and activities of individual and institutional health care providers and public and private payers that can lead to civil, administrative, and criminal sanctions.
- Conduct legal research involving federal and state laws and policies impacting patients, insureds, and human research subjects in the United States.
- Coding and Billing
- Overview of Public Health Care Programs
- Regulation of Private Health Insurance – Managed Care
- Fraud and Abuse/False Claims
- Health Information Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaster of Laws (LLM) Health Administration Health Sciences View 747 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of your career and educational goals (1 to 1.5 pages, double-spaced)
- Official transcripts for all institutions attended
- International applicants must also submit an official TOEFL score and confidential financial statement
International19009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38018 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National14035 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28070 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.