The study of humanities and social sciences varies widely in scope and may include the areas of history, geography, civics, fine and performing arts, cultural and sociological influences, languages and English literature.
Humanities educators help students:
- Ask questions about the world
- Analyze human behavior
- Understand diversity and the human experience
- Contemplate contemporary society
- Cultivate writing and reading skills
- Learn to think creatively
- Become informed and critical citizens
Graduates may pursue teaching in one or more subjects, such as language arts or social studies, in public or private schools. Teachers may be designated to a certain area based on their subject matter specialty. Potential career opportunities include a language arts teacher, social studies teacher, art teacher, music teacher and secondary teacher.
- U.S. and Arizona Constitutions for Teacher Candidates
- Early Adolescent and Adolescent Psychology
- Survey of Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities
- Creating and Managing Engaging Learning Environments
- Middle and Secondary Curriculum and Instruction for Humanities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSecondary Education View 71 other Masters in Secondary Education in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- All students must submit baccalaureate bearing college transcripts to meet the admission requirements of the University.
- Additionally, if students cannot meet the GPA requirements with their transcripts, but have a test score that meets admissions requirements, students will be eligible for full admission. If both the degree-bearing transcript and the test scores do not meet admissions requirements, students may be eligible to be admitted based on the Standards for Admission with Specification.
International11890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 580 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 580 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.