The master of science in Recreational Therapy (MSRT) at Grand Valley State University focuses on advanced-practice issues and competencies to enhance the recreational therapist's skills to meet increasingly complex consumers in a variety of settings.
Why Study Recreational Therapy at Grand Valley?
- The program is the only recreational therapy master's program in Michigan and the first advanced-practice program in the U.S. within a college of health professions.
- GVSU's recreational therapy program is designed to meet the increasingly complex needs for more research and evidence-based practice to support the work of clinicians and advance recognition of the field.
- The nationally recognized curriculum offers diverse opportunities for employment after graduation.
- Located in the state-of-the-art Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall with a one-of-a-kind recreational therapy classroom/lab space including adventure therapy course and adaptive sports court(s), in close proximity to five hospitals, and many research, clinical, and treatment facilities.
- Graduates enter a satisfying helping profession that assists people with disabilities to be more independent and achieve a higher quality of life, changing lives through transformative and innovative application of recreation and leisure.
- Evidence-based practice
- Grant writing
- Program development/consulting
- Advanced practice RT
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology View 277 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- Completed graduate application for admission, or printing, filling out, and mailing our graduate paper application
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions Office.
- Scores from either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) by students whose native language is not English.
International25509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 773 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 773 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.