The History program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas is designed to broaden and deepen the student’s understanding of the heritage of human experience. It also sharpens scholarly skills and provides for some specialization in specific fields or periods of history.
A degree in history provides students with the skills necessary for success in a wide range of careers and professions ranging from business to law, social services, and education. The department seeks to train majors in the specific skills and knowledge necessary for public school teaching and for graduate student in history or in professional schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Colloquium in American Cultural/Intellectual History
- Colloquium in American Western History
- Colloquium in American History
- Seminar in American Cultural/Intellectual History
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 287 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Nevada, Las Vegas and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00.
- A grade point average of at least 3.30 in history courses.
- Recommendations from two former instructors addressing the applicant's preparedness for graduate work in history.
- A minimum of 18 credits in history.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.