Graduates serve as key members of child study teams and are prepared to address educational, emotional, and physical disabilities. In this Special Education MEd program from Old Dominion University, a student can choose an endorsement in special education: general curriculum K-12 (mild/moderate disabilities); early childhood special education (birth–5); and/or special education: adapted curriculum K-12 (severe/multiple disabilities).
What makes Special Education at ODU unique?
- The Special Education with Endorsement (Education, M.S.Ed.) program can be completed in approximately two years.
- Coursework is supplemented by field experiences in a variety of settings.
- Courses are offered in on campus, online (asynchronous), and web conferencing (synchronous) modalities.
- Students learn evidence-based practices for teaching individuals with disabilities.
- Human Growth and Development: Birth through Adolescence
- Special Education: Legal Aspects and Characteristics
- Classroom and Behavioral Management Techniques for Students with Diverse Needs
- Instructional Strategies to Meet Diverse Learning Needs in Math
- Effective Interventions for Children and Youth with Challenging Behavior
- Characteristics and Advanced Procedures: Learning Disabilities in Reading & Writing
- Instructional Strategies for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Communication Sciences Special Education View 413 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 for all college credit courses taken in the baccalaureate degree program.
- A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Score of at least 291 (Verbal and Quantitative sections with a minimum Verbal score of 150 or better) and a 4.5 on the Analytical Writing section OR a Miller Analogies Test (MAT) minimum score of 403.
- A 400-500 word goal statement indicating why the student wishes to enroll in the special education program.
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only).
- Passport identification.
International41610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1387 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1387 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 551 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.