At this World War II Studies MA program from Arizona State University, you’ll explore the second world war through a multitude of first-person and scholarly perspectives on the event and its geopolitical and cultural aftermath.
What will I learn from an online World War II studies degree?
The coursework builds an understanding of the timeline, causes, effects and major events of World War II. In this interdisciplinary program, you’ll explore the war's evolution through the lens of diplomacy, military campaigns, economic considerations and the impact on civilians. You’ll also gain a greater understanding of how governments and political systems have evolved over time.
Our World War II studies degree covers social and cultural themes and examines how humans respond to conflict, violence and genocide. Additionally, electives highlight the interdisciplinary focus of the program as you apply knowledge of the impact of World War II through film and literature, philosophy and sites of memory.
What can I do with a master’s in World War II studies?
The knowledge and skills gained through an in-depth study of World War II are highly transferable. These skills lend themselves to a variety of industries, including:
- Military service.
- Human rights work.
- Public relations.
- International relations.
- World War II: Decision Points
- The Lived Experience of World War
- The Global War
- World War II Today
- World War II in Film
- World War II in Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory International Relations Political Science View 45 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's program. Alternatively, applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA in an applicable master's degree program.
- Graduate admission application and application fee.
- Official transcripts.
- A personal statement.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume.
- Letters of recommendation.
International16120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16120 USD per year during 12 months.
National16120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16120 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14808 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.