Students learn skills necessary to mobilize voters and social movements, advance governmental programs, design successful political communication strategies, and effectively market political candidates for local, state and federal offices.
The program's mission is to educate students in the most recent insights from evidence-based research, prepare students with innovative tools and knowledge that gives them an advantage over their peers, and encourage hands-on training that ensures what they learn inside of the classroom applies outside of the classroom.
The Political Psychology MA program from Arizona State University prepares students for a variety of careers in politics and related fields. An understanding of how voters make decisions and behave is crucial for jobs in political campaigns, grassroots organizations and political parties. The communication skills developed in this program could lead to careers in political marketing or advertising. Graduates are also prepared for a variety of jobs in local, state or federal government.
Career examples include:
- campaign manager
- campaign strategist
- community organizer
- fundraising consultant
- issue advocacy consultant
- legislative aide
- media strategist
- political analyst
- political marketing manager
- Political Psychology
- Attitudes and Persuasion
- Experimental Design
- Environmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Psychology of Gender
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Political Science View 25 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- letter of intent or written statement
- proof of English proficiency
International15640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15640 USD per year during 12 months.
National15640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15640 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14328 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.