The Physics MNS program from Arizona State University provides transdisciplinary graduate training in physics, physical science or physics education. The program is especially suited for in-service high school science teachers who desire professional training rather than pursuit of a research-based degree.
Designed for flexibility, the curriculum also features individualized professional graduate programs. These programs are well suited to the backgrounds and goals of students. Students are expected to emphasize coursework in two or more areas of concentration. The program must be transdisciplinary.
The Master of Natural Science program in physics is for high school science teachers who desire to further their professional training rather than research training.
- Classical Particles, Fields, and Matter
- Quantum Physics
- Statistical and Thermal Physics
- Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Electronic Circuits and Measurements
- Advanced Laboratory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 595 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. The program is open to in-service high school teachers who have completed two semesters of college physics and an introductory calculus course. Under-prepared teachers can make up deficiencies in regularly scheduled courses. Students must be able to attend classes in-person at the Tempe campus.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- two letters of recommendation
- personal statement
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.