The International Affairs and Leadership MA program from Arizona State University prepares students for international leadership roles in a dynamic learning environment led by senior international affairs professionals from the public and private sectors.
The program offers a unique blend of leadership capacity development --- both theory and practice --- as well as substantive training focused on U.S. foreign policy decision-making, national security, international trade, human rights issues, and other key global issues. Courses are taught by experts with real-world experience, from former U.S. ambassadors to three-star generals, with the goal of readying students to become leaders in the international affairs realm.
This program prepares students to succeed in a wide variety of international affairs professions, including:
- business operations specialist
- career civil servant or contractor at the U.S. State Department, U.S. Department of Commerce or U.S. Treasury or Defense Department
- foreign service officer
- international political economist
- military officer or noncommissioned officer in strategic, special or tactical operations
- nonprofit or NGO analyst or program coordinator
- permanent staff for a member of Congress or Congressional committee
- public policy analyst
- U.S. government intelligence community policy analyst or program manager
- Principles of Character-Driven Leadership
- The Making of U.S. National Security Policy
- U.S. Diplomacy in Action – the Embassy Country Team
- The Modern Global Economy: Dollars and Sense
- Transatlantic Relations: Does Europe Still Matter?
- Western Hemisphere: Good Neighbors, Tough Challenges
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations American Studies Political Science View 45 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of a student's first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- letter of intent
- professional resume
- writing sample
- proof of English proficiency
International19120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19120 USD per year during 12 months.
National19120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19120 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17808 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.