This Human Systems Engineering - Health Systems MSc program offered at Arizona State University also attunes students to perform research and develop innovative approaches to transform health care from reactive to proactive systems, which reflect National Institute of Health initiatives.
Health care is a growing sector of the economy, accounting for almost 18% of the U.S. Gross Domestic Product in 2020 (cdc.gov). Recent changes to the health care landscape at the federal level have led to increasing demand for measurable increases in efficiency and effectiveness of care delivery. To that end, technologies are deployed to manage, track and measure treatment effectiveness, patient satisfaction, provider reimbursement and process improvement, all of which require understanding of the human system and the complex processes involved in this work. Thus, human systems engineering tools and techniques can create efficiencies in all aspects of care delivery in which a human is involved to improve system performance. Related to human systems engineers in health care, employment of industrial engineers is projected to grow 10% from 2016- 2026, which is also faster than average for all occupations (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Methods and Tools in Applied Cognitive Science
- Intermediate Statistics for Human Systems Engineering
- Data Analytics: Modeling Human Subjects Data
- Health Information Systems and Applications
- Workflow Analysis and Redesign in Health Systems Engineering
- Clinical Decision Support and Evidence-based Medicine
- Health Care Systems and Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Informatics View 872 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, health, nutrition, psychology or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- GRE scores
- letter of intent
- professional resume
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Mesa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.