Arts administrators are the bridge between creative practitioners and audiences and between arts institutions and supportive stakeholders. In today’s digitally driven, highly competitive, and increasingly global economy, traditional institutions for visual and performing arts face critical sustainability challenges. Leaders in the arts must adopt the creative thinking and problem-solving skills of an entrepreneur in order to envision new models for creative practice, audience engagement, and funding.
The arts, and audience opportunities to experience them, are more dynamic and diverse than ever before, flourishing in major arts institutions as well as nonhierarchical organizations, from artist-run spaces and community organizations to annual festivals and pop-up exhibitions. It is time for a transformation in leadership training that matches the ingenuity of today’s most exciting experiments in music, dance, theatre, and the visual arts. Arts leaders must also be equipped with the administrative, analytical, and technological skill sets necessary to excel within the complex, interdependent arts ecosystem. This Arts Administration and Cultural Entrepreneurship is offered at Northeastern University.
- Course and project work embeds experiential opportunities to explore and demonstrate transformational arts management approaches.
- The Master of Science in Arts Administration and Cultural Entrepreneurship is conveniently offered 100% online, though students may also choose from a selection of on-campus electives.
- Arts and Culture Organizational Leadership
- Planning for Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Experiential Study in Arts Administration
- Cultural Entrepreneurship Foundation
- Programming and Community Engagement for Cultural Entrepreneurs
- Building Value Through Cultural Enterprise
- Innovative Approaches to Audience Engagement
- Information Technology for Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Business Planning for New Ventures
- Managing Operations in Early Stage Ventures
- Social Enterprise
- Global Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority deadline for scholarship consideration: February 1
DisciplinesVisual Arts Entrepreneurship Management Studies View 67 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Application fee
- Transcripts for all institutions attended
- TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo exam scores for international applicants
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
International27488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1718 USD per credit during 24 months.
National27488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1718 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.