This program does not lead to licensure, and students seeking licensure at the 5–12 level should apply for the MAT in Modern Foreign Language Education.
Boston University's Master of Education (EdM) in World Language Education is designed as a 12-month, full-time or part-time program that may begin in June or September each year. The EdM in World Language Education is designed for both Aspiring and Advancing Educators. Aspiring world language educators complete a student-teaching practicum as part of their program to provide structured support to prepare them as classroom teachers. Advancing world language educators complete a field experience course in which they are observed in their own classroom, receive structured feedback and coaching on their teaching, and prepare a portfolio demonstrating professional standards of effective world language teaching.
- Second Language Acquisition
- Methods of Teaching Modern Foreign Languages
- Curriculum & Assessment in Modern Foreign Language Education
- Structure of English
- Foundations of TESOL Pedagogy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Languages Educational Psychology View 594 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement
- A current résumé
- A nonrefundable application fee of $85
- International Student Data Form
- Authorized financial statement from a bank (original, shown in U.S. dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from a sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English
International61050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61050 USD per year during 12 months.
National61050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61050 USD per year during 12 months.
Part time tuition: $955/credit
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.