Development Management from American University Washington DC offers a unique combination of applied skills found in a traditional MS degree—such as project management, organizational strengthening, and monitoring and evaluation—and a broad, multidisciplinary approach to international development theories, issues, and programs.
The Master of Science in Development Management (MSDM) at the School of International Service prepares graduates to work directly with communities, organizations, programs, and individuals on the logistical aspects of international development.
- Micropolitics of Development
- International Development
- Professional Development Management
- Management of Organizations and Human Capital
- Public Administration and the Policy Process
- Economic Theory
- Economic Development
- Survey of Economic Development
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership Econometrics View 682 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Undergraduate degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS score if non-native English speaker
- Applicants must hold an accredited bachelor's degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least a B+ (3.30 or higher on a 4.00 scale) and should have had at least 24 credit hours of social science coursework relevant to international studies.
- Applicants must have at least two years field experience working on development problems or projects in the United States, Western Europe, or in developing countries.
- A Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is optional.
International32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32616 USD per year during 24 months.
Tuition for National students: $1,812 per credit hour
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.