International Affairs - United States Foreign Policy and National Security from American University Washington DC aims to enable students to step into a variety of jobs that demand the knowledge and analytic skills of a professional with expertise in US foreign and national security policy.
US government, such as the State Department, US Congress, and Defense Intelligence Agency
Private sector, such as Booz Hamilton, SAIC, and Creative Associates
Think tanks and NGOs, such as Brooking Institution, Atlantic Council, and National Endowment for Democracy
- Economic Theory
- Foreign Policy: Institutions and Processes
- Foreign Policy: Theories of Decision Making
- International Economics
- U.S. Foreign Relations since 1918
- Continuity and Change in U.S. Foreign Policy
- Diplomatic Practice
- Major Powers and Critical Issues
- Politics of National Security Budgeting
- President, Congress, and Foreign Policy
- U.S. National Security Strategy
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Environmental Economics & Policy Terrorism & Security View 326 other Masters in International Relations in United States
- Undergraduate degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS score if non-native English speaker
- Applicants must hold an accredited bachelor's degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least a B+ (3.30 or higher on a 4.00 scale) and should have had at least 24 credit hours of social science coursework relevant to international studies.
- A Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is optional.
International32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32616 USD per year during 24 months.
Tuition for National students: $1,812 per credit hour
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.