While most health informatics programs take a hospital-centric approach, this innovative first-of-its-kind program in Population Health Informatics from The City University of New York focuses on how to operationalize informatics solutions to address important public health challenges impacting individuals, families, communities, and the environment in which they live.
What you'll study
Students will learn to use technology at the intersection of clinical care and health sciences in order to strengthen efforts for preventive care at the population level. The program offers practical coverage of critical topics such as big data, cloud computing, mobile health, surveillance and visualization all from the perspective of the end user.
Students are provided with the skills and expertise to design, develop, implement, and evaluate technology enabled interventions and solutions to address the population health challenges facing us today.
While we cannot issue I-20 forms for a fully online degree program, our online offerings provide a chance for international students to earn an affordable, quality degree from the City University of New York while residing in their home country.
- Public Health Leadership and Management
- Health Equity, Communication, and Advocacy
- Designing and Evaluating Public Health Interventions
- Designs, Concepts, and Methods in Public Health Research
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis Methods in Public Health Research
- Fundamentals of Population Health Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Health Health Informatics View 1160 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
- Completed SOPHAS application
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with GPA (overall and major) of at least 3.0.
- Personal statement/statement of purpose (recommended length is 500 words)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores are required if language of instruction for prior degrees was not English
- Paper-based test: 550
- Computer administered test: 233
- Internet-based test: 60 (reading score, writing score, and listening score)
- Transcript evaluation from WES or ECE for foreign transcripts. Please reach out to us if you are having programs with your evaluation due to COVID-19.
International16672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.