About Higher Education and Student Affairs at The University of Iowa
The program is comprised of coursework focusing on college students and their environments, current and emerging issues within higher education, research and assessment, and postsecondary administration.
The HESA M.A. program at the The University of Iowa is a highly-ranked, Higher Education and Student Affairs program. The program is cohort-based, meaning students are admitted alongside peers with whom they will take a majority of their classes. A graduate internship (or full-time job) is required while taking coursework. Internships are paid placements with different higher education and student affairs units at the University of Iowa. Students also have the option of completing multiple practica while at Iowa, gaining supervised work experience in offices other than their internship. Our program focus is a blend of counseling and administration, highlighting the history of the founding of the HESA program.
- Foundations of School Administration
- Special Education Administration
- Research for Effective School Leaders
- Contemporary Management Strategies for the Pre-K-12 Principal
- School and Community Relationships
- Legal Aspects of School Personnel
- Analysis and Appraisal of Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education View 156 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- You must submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- A statement of purpose (1-3 pages) that includes your professional and/or research interests, whether you plan to enroll full- or part-time, and how your goals and experiences are consistent with the HESA program’s mission and values.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
International31254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31254 USD per year during 12 months.
National32887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32887 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13939 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13939 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.