Physical inactivity has been recognized as a major public health problem in the U.S. and students in the Physical Activity and Health program of the University of Minnesota will play an integral role in combating this public health crisis. This degree is perfect for those seeking careers in physical activity implementation and promotion, healthy lifestyle promotion, and the prevention and control of chronic diseases at the population levels.
Career explorationThe Physical Activity and Health MEd prepares students to pursue the following careers, including but not limited to:
- Teacher and researcher in higher education
- Program specialist for workplace wellness, health promotion, weight management programs
- Program coordinator, interventionist for non-profit organizations (e.g., YMCA)
- Specialist for sales and development of medical equipment
- Government official (e.g., Minnesota Department of Health)
- Understanding Kinesiology Research
- Advances in Physical Activity and Health
- Research Problems in Applied Kinesiology
- The Aging Motor System
- Health Promotion
- Exercise Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Sports Sciences View 571 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in kinesiology, exercise science, public health, biology, or psychology
- A preferred 3.0 or higher GPA
- Strong statement indicating purpose for MEd in physical activity and health and how the applicant's experience, education, and goals fit with the program.
- Online application
- Application Fee ($75 for US applicants; $95 for international applicants)
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Description of Research or Work Experience: upload a personal statement describing your career goals and rationale for interest in the MEd program and how this program will help with your future goals (limit of two pages)
- Resume or CV
International28560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14280 USD per semester during 12 months.
National28560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14280 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9228 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.