Suitable for all health care professionals with an interest or involvement in delivering training and education, the main aims of this Multidisciplinary Healthcare Simulation programme from University of Birmingham are to provide you with:
- an understanding of the principles of adult learning and how they can be applied to multidisciplinary health care simulation training
- an understanding of the evolution, variety and importance of human factors in healthcare practice
- the knowledge and skills required to design, develop and facilitate simulation training
- the debriefing skills required to aid learners subsequent reflection and development
Simulation is becoming increasingly prevalent as a tool for teaching and learning in health care because it provides a safe environment in which students can develop clinical skills and non-technical skills via guided debriefing.
We recognise that as a postgraduate student you are likely to have specific requirements when it comes to planning for your next career step. Employers expect postgraduates to have a range of skills that exceed their subject knowledge. Careers Network offers a range of events and support services that are designed for all students, including postgraduates looking to find their niche in the job market. The Careers Network also have subject specific careers consultants and advisers for each College so you can be assured the information you receive will be relevant to your subject area.
- Adult learning theory and its application to multidisciplinary healthcare simulation
- Healthcare Simulation Delivery
- Human factors in healthcare
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Health Informatics View 1772 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A relevant first degree or an equivalent professional qualification is required, ideally in healthcare and allied specialties (including simulation technicians).
International9080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9080 GBP per year
National3770 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 GBP per year
- £1,885 part-time (this includes a bench fee of £250)
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.