The Faith-Based Leadership programme from University of Birmingham offers a globally-unique approach to faith leadership development, combining insight into organisational, administrative, managerial and leadership skills from negotiation to social entrepreneurship, from decision science to ethical purchasing, and from leading volunteers to intercultural engagement with a commitment to faith-sensitive application of these core principles on the ground in faith communities across the world.
The MPA is a two-year, part-time programme designed for senior and emerging senior leaders from across a variety of faiths, from faith-based organisations and from governmental and non-governmental organisations that deal with faith-based issues as part of their everyday life. Our programme is ideal for, for example, chairs of trusts, mosques, temples and gurdwaras, directors of companies and CIOs, bishops, area deans or equivalent, CEOs or COOs from faith-based organisations.
Why study this course?
- Interdisciplinary programme offering a unique combination of insight and learning in organisational leadership, professional development and theological reflection upon practice in an interreligious and interdenominational context
- Collaborative online learning delivery with plenty of opportunities to learn from colleagues as well as leading academic experts with experience in faith community leadership
- Strong focus on equality, diversity and inclusion in leadership and on professional excellence in organisational management
- Three ‘virtual residentials’ a year with special practitioner masterclasses led by leading international experts from a variety of religious and professional backgrounds
- For UK applicants only, the opportunity to complete the programme as a Master’s Level Degree Apprenticeship, which may lead to significant fee subsidies (subject to employment status)
- A continuing focus on the practical application of learning into your leadership context and its positive outcomes for your organisation
- Fatih, Leadership and Community Engagement
- Faith Community Governance, Management and Administration
- Understanding and Leading People
- Organisational Culture in Faith-Based Organisations
- Organisational and Personal Development
- Theological Reflection on Professional Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Leadership View 40 other Masters in Leadership in United Kingdom
- Applicants will ordinarily require a 2:1 or above at undergraduate level (or equivalent), three years’ experience in a leadership role at some level (not necessarily senior yet), and will need to be employed or presently volunteering extensively in a leadership capacity, with the capacity to dedicate approximately 8 hours a week on average to their studies throughout the two years. Degree apprenticeship applicants are required to commit 20% of their working time to this off-the-job training.
International9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK: £9,000 each year, part-time for two years
- International: £9,000 each year, part-time for two years
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.