Economics and finance are the drivers of our global prosperity and there is significant worldwide demand for technical expertise in monetary economics and finance. Most graduates from this programme move into highranking careers in global financial centres.
Graduates from the Money, Banking and Finance programme offered by the University of Birmingham hold high-ranking positions in financial centres around the globe. In addition to those aiming for careers in the private sector, it attracts economists currently working in economics, treasury or finance ministries, or in central banks, and graduates preparing for such careers.
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills.
At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Econometrics with Financial Applications
- Economics of Financial Markets
- International Banking and Finance
- Monetary Policy
- Risk, Uncertainty and Information
- Topics in Money and Banking
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Please note that applications to this programme from mainland China closed from Wednesday 4 December 2019 (0.00am GMT).
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 436 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 bachelor’s Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Economics or a related discipline.
- You are expected to have received a good training in economics, to at least intermediate level, and to have taken at minimum: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics or Statistics, and Mathematics or a Quantitative module at bachelor’s level.
International20880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20880 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- If you're an English-resident, or EU student, you may be eligible for a loan to study a taught or research Masters in any subject. The government-backed student loan will provide up to £10,280
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.