Economics and finance are the drivers of our global prosperity and there is significant worldwide demand for technical expertise in monetary economics and finance. Many graduates from this programme move into high-ranking careers in global financial centres.
Graduates from the Money, Banking and Finance programme offered by the University of Birmingham hold high-ranking positions in financial centres around the globe.
In addition to those aiming for careers in the private sector, it attracts economists currently working in economics, treasury or finance ministries, or in central banks, and graduates preparing for such careers.
Why study this course?
- You will study at one of the handful of business schools in the UK that holds the prestigious ‘triple-crown’ accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Your employability options are vast and varied, our strong links with industry mean that rigorous undergraduate academic study is combined with a real practical focus, leading to excellent job opportunities.
- You will join a University that is amongst the top three in the United Kingdom for being most frequently targeted by the country’s top employers.
Careers in BusinessCareers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometrics with Financial Applications
- Economics of Financial Markets
- International Banking and Finance
- Monetary Policy
- Risk, Uncertainty and Information
- Topics in Money and Banking
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 525 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 bachelor’s Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Economics or a related discipline.
- You are expected to have received a good training in economics, to at least intermediate level, and to have taken at minimum: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics or Statistics, and Mathematics or a Quantitative module at bachelor’s level.
International20880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20880 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
UK students looking to pursue a Masters programme in the UK can apply for a non-means-tested loan from the British government via the Student Loans Company (SLC).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.