Why study the Health Care Policy and Management programme from the University of Birmingham?
- The Health Services Management Centre (HSMC) is one of the UK’s leading centres for research, teaching, professional development and consultancy to health and social care agencies. For more than forty years, the Centre’s mission has been to strengthen leadership and management in health care, and to promote improved health and wellbeing.
- HSMC has pioneered innovative approaches to personal and professional education. We deliver multi award winning national leadership programmes that have made a real difference to the working lives of staff and have improved patient care and experience across all healthcare settings.
- HSMC is underpinned by a number of distinct principles developed by academic, policy and practice partners: n Recognition of the interdependence between applied research, teaching, evaluation and policy analysis n Emphasis on providing research-based analysis, development and teaching n A focus on developing sustainable national and international collaborations and networks to benefit policy makers, managers, staff, patients and service users.
- A course at HSMC bridges the traditional divide between academic study and the worlds of policy and practice.
This programme is designed for senior managers, clinicians and policy makers who are already working in or with health care organisations, or who have an interest in developing their careers in this direction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Services Management
- Health Policy
- Introduction to Organisational Development for Health and Social Care
- People, Patients and Communities
- Health Care Quality Improvement and Innovation
- Health Care Quality: Measuring and Assuring
- Integrated Care Policy and Theory
- Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 752 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The normal entrance requirement is a good Honours degree (upper second-class or above), or an equivalent professional qualification and professional experience. However, appropriate career experience may be taken into account.
International20880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20880 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11970 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11970 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home and EU (PT): £5,985
- Home and EU (FT): £10,200
- Home and EU (PT): £5,100
- Overseas (FT): £16,620
- Home and EU (PT): £5,100
- A postgraduate loans system for Masters degrees in the UK will provide up to £10,280 for taught and research Masters courses in all subject areas including part-time and distance learning.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.