The use of land and space is a hotly contested issue of fundamental importance to creating healthy communities and maintaining a good quality of life for local residents. Planners play a critical role in mediating between competing interests and building the foundations for equitable growth, sustainable environments and livable communities.
Fully accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI), this programme is designed to develop students as reflective practitioners in the planning profession and related disciplines in the built environment, and can be studied either full-or part-time. It is ideal for those who wish to gain a professional qualification that will enable them to pursue and build a career in spatial planning and related areas of regeneration, economic development, housing and transport.
This Urban and Regional Planning (RTPI Accredited) programme offered by the University of Birmingham is ideal for those who wish to gain a professional qualification that will enable them to pursue and build a career in spatial planning and related areas of regeneration, economic development, housing and transport.
Fully accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Planner in Contemporary Society
- Urban Property Development
- Sustainable Cities
- Place Making and Urban Design
- Integrated Planning Project
- Planning Methods and Techniques
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Geography Urban Planning View 284 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- The normal admission requirement for our taught postgraduate programmes is a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline. For a Graduate Diploma you should have a degree or diploma or equivalent qualification in an appropriate field. Graduate Diploma students who achieve Masters level in their modules may be transferred to the Masters level.
International21960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21960 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK students £9,500 FT (£4,625 PT), PGDip £6,745 FT (£3,372 PT)
- International students £21,960 FT only, PGDip £18,950 FT only
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.