Students in this Second Language Instruction course offered by will become more effective leaders in the field of Second Language Instruction through in-depth knowledge of research-based theories of language acquisition, assessment and instructional methods, strategies that promote cultural understanding, and current best practices to meet the needs of second language learners across diverse educational settings.
If you choose to continue your education, you can apply most of the credits earned in this specialist program toward our Ed.D. in Second Language Instruction and get your degree faster.
The program coursework covers a variety of topics in Second Language Instruction, including methods and materials, professional advocacy and leadership and using technology.
Study on your schedule. Our online format allows you to plan your coursework around your life.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Foundations of Second Language Learners
- Methods and Materials for Second Language Instruction
- Professional Advocacy and Leadership for Second Language Learners
- Understanding Linguistics and Second Language Learners
- Applied Statistics
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 58 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Master's or doctoral level
- Minimum grade point average 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for full admission
- Submit a current curriculum vitae (preferred) or resume
- Submit a goal statement, demonstrating a clear expression of purpose and anticipated personal and professional goals. The statement needs to be two pages in length excluding the title and reference pages
- Complete an interview
- Transcripts that are international and/or not in English must be evaluated through an NACES-recommended agency.
- Texas applicants may only submit evaluations from agencies approved by the Texas Education Agency.
- International applicants must request the course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation report must show that the non-U.S. education is equivalent to the education/accreditation level required for the program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12184 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National12184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12184 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.