The Writing for Performance and the Entertainment Industries MicroMaster Industries from University of Cambridge - CambridgeX offers both an experimental and industry-relevant opportunity to hone your skills as a dramatist or performance artist across many genres, as well as preparing you practically for engaging successfully with the film/TV /theatre/digital media and industries.
What you will learn
- Specialised knowledge of histories, forms, and traditions of writing for performance and entertainment as well as the cultural contexts of innovative practitioners and practices within performance and entertainment.
- A detailed understanding of key performance/entertainment components within the discipline, to include: ideational sources, body, space, image, sound, text, movement, environment
- How to create effective structure within a scene, how to edit your scene, and think like a dramaturg/script editor; how to create effective character
- Advanced awareness of the relevant market and distribution demands of entertainment industries
- Developed advanced self-management skills to include working in planned and improvisatory ways, as well as the ability to anticipate and accommodate change, ambiguity, creative risk-taking, uncertainty and unfamiliarity
For those interested in continuing onto a full Master’s degree at the University of Cambridge, this graduate level MicroMasters® offers the chance to experience the expertise of our dynamic world-class tutors, led by published playwrights Abigail Docherty and Fraser Grace, at a time and place to suit you.
If accepted to the full program, following our normal application procedures, those who have studied the MicroMasters® in Writing for Performance and the Entertainment Industries will have completed 30 credits (15 ECTS) of the full 180 credit program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Finding your voice as a playwright
- Writing successfully for the Stage
- Building your Screenplay
- Business Success in the Screen Industries
- Digital Platforms in Performance
- Reconceiving Space: Installation and Performance Art
- Stand Up!; Comedy Writing and Performance Poetry
- Capstone: Bringing it all together
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
- 8 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters® program certificate may apply for admission to the Masters of Studies in Writing for Performance at the University of Cambridge and, if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count as a maximum of 30 credits towards the 180 credit degree.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 1028 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is open to all, although we believe that you will get more from it if you are already involved, or hoping to be involved in writing and associated literary professions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1432 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1432 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
National1432 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1432 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.