Our Curriculum and Instruction program at Portland State University focuses on inclusive education for young children, birth through age 8. We believe that children and teachers construct knowledge, alone and in collaboration, through interaction with the social and physical worlds. Our early childhood courses reflect an inquiry-based, constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
We support reflective and responsive early childhood educators. Our student form a deep understanding of the role of development, diversity, and culture in the lives of young children and their families. Our interdisciplinary and inclusive early childhood master’s program combines the strength and expertise of two departments and allows you to specialize in one of three critical areas or combine them.
Graduates may become:
- Teacher leaders
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Theoretical Models of Curriculum
- Curriculum and Culture
- Theories of Instruction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3558 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Admission eligibility is based on receipt of a baccalaureate degree equivalent to a United States four-year bachelor's degree from a college or university recognized as an institution of higher education by the Ministry of Education in the relevant country or be regionally accredited within the U.S. prior to matriculating into a graduate program.
- To be considered for regular admission, applicants must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or the equivalent (on the U.S. 4.0 scale). Applicants who have earned 9 or more letter-graded graduate credits must have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent; this graduate GPA supersedes the undergraduate GPA.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International671 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD per credit and a duration of .
National671 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD per credit and a duration of .
In-State444 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 444 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.