As part of the School of Pharmacy, students at Pharmacy (Research) programme offered by University of Birmingham will work amongst the very best researchers to produce original and distinctive globally leading research demanded by the expanding role of the pharmacist and pharmaceutical researcher.
You will work closely with your supervisory team who will help you clarify your project and support your development. Your thesis will represent an original contribution to knowledge and demonstrate independent judgement.
When you join your programme you will become part of the Graduate School within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences giving you access to:
- Supervision from leading academics to support you through your research programme including research techniques and training.
- Training and development courses to enable you to gain research and generic (transferable) training skills
- Opportunities to attend and take part in Research Poster festivals and other postgraduate activities to boost your academic and networking skills
- An allocated academic mentor so you can access pastoral support
- State-of-the art facilities to support a range of teaching, learning and research activity with access to dedicated write up rooms, libraries, and computer facilities.
You will also become part of the wider University of Birmingham postgraduate research community located at Westmere House where you have access to training and skills development, careers and employability advice, wellbeing and counselling services as well as welcome activities and events.
A high proportion of our postgraduate research students go onto roles such as Postdoctoral Researcher, Teaching Fellow, Research Fellow within the University and local NHS hospitals as well as moving into pharmaceutical and research and development sectors.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Pharmacy Practice
- Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Research degrees may start at any time of the year
DisciplinesPharmacy View 150 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- 2:1 honours degree in a subject relevant to the research area you applying to
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4380 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU/EEA Part-time: 2,190 GBP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.