Choose physiotherapy at Birmingham and take the opportunity to develop into a qualified competent practitioner of physiotherapy.
This will not only give you the ability to play a significant part in most healthcare teams but also be involved in the maintenance and/or restoration of movement and function in a range of client groups.
The Physiotherapy (pre-registration) programme at University of Birmingham is a qualifying programme for graduates with a suitable and relevant first degree. It spans two years full-time, starting in September and finishing in August. The aim of the programme is to provide a challenging and rewarding educational experience that enables students to develop as competent, evidence-based and patient-centred physiotherapy practitioners, capable of making a valuable contribution to the workplace. We are looking for applicants who can meet our academic requirements and demonstrate personal qualities that are compatible with the values stated in the NHS Constitution.
Physiotherapy graduates have entered careers both in the NHS and private sector. They work in hospitals, in the community as well as sports clubs and the military. An increasing number of Physiotherapy graduates are working on a freelance basis alongside their work in the NHS. Some choose to pursue further studies in education, research or undertake further training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transition to Physiotherapy
- Research Methodology in Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation
- Clinical Skills
- Contemporary Musculoskeletal Practice
- Long-term Conditions and Rehabilitation
- Acute Care and Rehabilitation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 1790 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Outlined below are the admissions procedures:
- You should present evidence of study in a relevant discipline and you should normally hold an honours degree in a relevant discipline at 1st or 2.1 classification. If you are unsure of whether your degree is relevant, you are very welcome to send us your degree transcript so that our Admissions Tutor can take a closer look at what you have studied before you submit an application for the programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23850 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.