With this Social Work - Practice, Policy and Research MasterTrack program offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Michigan you’ll gain a greater understanding of social work practice, the history and impact of policy on key social services, and the research that supports effective practice.
You’ll also have the chance to explore the social work profession under the direction of expert faculty. You’ll learn to apply key skills required to work with different stakeholders to promote positive changes and make a difference. Also, you’ll cover how to integrate social justice values into social change processes and actions as well as develop an understanding of the key knowledge bases and frameworks that social workers use to guide their work at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels of practice.
Skills you will gain
- Social justice frameworks
- Role of social work in inter-professional practice
- Qualitative research methods
- Quantitative research methods
- Community organization
- Interpersonal, organizational, and community level practice methods
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work Practice: Advocating for Social Justice and Change
- Essentials of Social Welfare Policy
- Engaging Social Justice, Diversity and Oppression in Social Work
- Essentials of Interpersonal Practice
- Essentials of Community and Organizational Practice
- Research Basics for Social Work Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Educational Research Public Policy View 175 other programmes in Educational Research in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- No prerequisites are required. However, previous human service experience is strongly preferred if you are interested in pursuing a Master of Social Work degree at the University of Michigan.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
National2000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
- In 4 installments of $500 or pay all at once to save $100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.