Learn practice methods, advocacy, and social justice frameworks with this Social Work - Practice, Policy and Research offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Michigan.
Want to make a difference? Reach out, raise hope, and change society.
In this program, you will complete a series of practice-focused modules from the University of Michigan's Master of Social Work. These courses will give you the skills you need to empower individuals, families, communities, and organizations to meet their needs and create positive change.
You will gain a greater understanding of social work practice, the history and impact of policy on key social services, and the research that supports effective practice. To build on this valuable MasterTrack program, you can apply for the #1 ranked social work master’s degree at the University of Michigan for a fraction of the cost.
What you will learn
- Apply key skills when working with individuals, families, communities, and organizations to promote positive changes and make a difference.
- Integrate social justice values into social change processes and actions.
- Understand the key knowledge bases and frameworks that social workers use to guide their work at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels of practice.
- Learn how social policies and research impact everyday practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Skills you will gain:
- Social justice frameworks
- Role of social work in inter-professional practice
- Qualitative research methods
- Quantitative research methods
- Community organizationInterpersonal, organizational, and community level practice methods
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work Educational Research Public Policy View 86 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- No prerequisites are required. However, if you are interested in pursuing an Master of Social Work degree at the University of Michigan, previous human service experience is strongly preferred.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
National2000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.