Learn how to design innovative solutions to core sustainability and development challenges with the Sustainability and Development MasterTrack offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Michigan.
Sustainability and development pose unprecedented challenges as human societies grow and seek to ensure future well-being and prosperity. In this program, you will complete courses that will earn you credit towards the University of Michigan’s Master of Science in Environment and Sustainability, if admitted to the program. Through these courses, you'll learn how to address sustainability and development challenges with actionable knowledge that empowers you to develop solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
You'll be introduced to the main theoretical currents in Sustainability and Development as a field of study with an in-depth understanding of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the methods and skills necessary for designing innovative solutions to sustainability and development problems.
What you will learn
- Understand and explain the world’s most pressing sustainability and development challenges.
- Critically analyze the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how they relate to relate to these pressing global challenges.
- Use core frameworks and evidence to assess and develop effective solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a MasterTrack Certificate?
With MasterTrack™ Certificates, portions of Master’s programs have been split into online modules, so you can earn a high quality university-issued career credential at a breakthrough price in a flexible, interactive format. Benefit from a deeply engaging learning experience with real-world projects and live, expert instruction. If you are accepted to the full Master's program, your MasterTrack coursework counts towards your degree.
- Beyond the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Addressing Sustainability and Development
- Poverty to Wellbeing
- Pathways to Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-Being: Behaviors, Structures and Spillovers
- Quality Education for Sustainability
- Methods/Skills in Sustainability and Development—Required for all
- Capstone Projects—Required for all
- Gender: Environment, Power and Equity
- The Future of Water
- Pathways to Achieving Sustainable Energy for All
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
The deadline to enroll in the next cohort is December 7.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Development Sustainable Development View 44 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You should have some familiarity with engaging with scholarly texts and critically discussing their implications in written form.
- Although a basic understanding is expected, you will learn strategies for developing these skills throughout the program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD for the full programme and a duration of 4 months.
National2100 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD for the full programme and a duration of 4 months.
- Four payments of $525
- Or pay all at once and save 5%
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.